To create an experiment in Seedling, simply click the “Create experiment” button on the homepage.
Each experiment has a few key settings:
- Experiment name: This is a friendly name that allows you to quickly reference an idea. It’s not seen by potential customers who interact with and rate your ideas.
- Idea layout: This allows you to choose the layout for all of the ideas contained within an experiment.
- Idea color scheme: This allows you to choose the color scheme for all of the ideas contained within an experiment.
- Test different price points: This allows you to choose if ideas should display a price, e.g. $15.99 USD.
- Test different pack sizes: This allows you to choose if ideas should display a size, e.g. 16 oz. or “Box of 12.”
It’s important that all of the ideas within an idea have the same layout and color scheme so they’re comparable. If the ideas in the experiment were displayed differently, you wouldn’t know whether your results were due to differences in how the ideas were displayed or to differences in ideas themselves.
In general, we recommend that prices are displayed and a number of different price points are used when testing ideas. Displaying prices makes your experiment more realistic and provides better guidance on finding product market fit.